Black Hat And White Hat SEO: What Is The Difference?
When it comes to optimizing the site, several strategies may be used to complete the work.
Although you can achieve the desired outcomes by any method, the best strategy is subjective and sometimes debatable.
The only distinction you need to know about is White Hat and Black Hat SEO.
Below, we will have an in-depth look into all the differences between these two site optimization approaches.
1) What Is Black Hat SEO?
The term ‘Black Hat’ originated from Western Movies in which the guys who wore black hats were the bad guys. Thus, the black hat distinguished them from the White Hat Guys.
Symbolically, Black Hat SEO refers to tactics that improvise the SERP rankings through unethical means and by violating the terms of service.
2) What Is White Hat SEO?
But, White Hat SEO is the complete opposite version of Black Hat SEO. That is to say, White Hat SEO increases the rankings of your site but through genuine methods.
In short, the White Hat SEO strategy follows Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.
A thorough concept of SEO guidelines will help you out in your SEO learning journey. A foundation for a good SEO begins with ensuring crawl accessibility. Meanwhile, other guidelines need to be followed, which are as under :
- Crawling accessibility so that engines can easily read your website.
- Compelling your content that relatively answers the searcher’s query.
- Keyword optimization for attracting searchers & engines.
- Great user experience, which also includes a fast load speed and compelling UX.
- Share-worthy content is crucial as it earns links, citations, and amplification.
- Title, URL, & description for drawing high CTR in the rankings.
- Snippet/schema markup for standing out in SERPs.
Black Hat SEO techniques
1) Keyword stuffing
2) Meta keyword stuffing
3) Link farming
Link Farming refers to collating unrelated website links that are normally hidden from the actual site visitors. Thus, it doesn’t allow you to get hold of the traffic. However, it potentially risks your site of having flagged.
4) Content cloaking
5) Publishing bad content
White Hat SEO techniques
1) Quality content
2) Content-relevant keywords
3) Lean code and semantically structured markup language
4) Authoritative inbound links
5) Simple website navigation
6) Fast page loading times
Differences between the Black hat and White hat SEO
The Black Hat SEO differs from the White Hat SEO in a variety of ways. Some points may be noted down as under :
1) Black Hat SEO refers to ill SEO tactics and strategies that keep an eye mainly on search engines, rather than on the human audiences.
Whereas White Hat SEO refers to the use of optimized SEO tactics and strategies. It focuses straight on human audiences and not primarily on search engines. The White Hat SEO completely abides by search engines rules and terms of service.
2) Black Hat SEO is used by those sites seeking an instant financial return on their website.
In contrast, White Hat SEO helps you improvise your performance on the search engine result page(SERP). In the same vein, it maintains the integrity of your website as well.
3) Black Hat SEO is continuously stuffed with spam keywords into the contents of on-page. Thus, they try befooling the search engine spiders and, in the meantime, improve ranking.
But, White Hat SEO relies on proper research, Meta tags that follow the webpage and, industry.
4) Black Hat SEO is full of irrelevant backlinks.
On the other hand, White Hat SEO gets the link because of its sound and quality content.
5) Black Hat SEO quietly exchanges the links for obtaining a ranking.
Whereas, White Hat SEO is a bulk of natural links.
6) Black Hat SEO is also very well known as Unethical SEO as it doesn’t follow the search engine guidelines.
But, White Hat Seo is famous for Ethical SEO as it abides by all search engines’ rules.
7) Black Hat SEO can always provide short-term goals and benefits.
In contrast, White Hat SEO provides long-term goals and benefits.
Ultimately, in the realm of digital marketing, we are running to optimize our site in the best way possible. Meanwhile, a thought-provoking debate between White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO arises in our minds. To reach a dead-end, one must take into account the pros and cons of both techniques. Be mindful that though Black Hat SEO is likely to provide short-term results, they come with enormous risks for your business. On the other hand, White Hat SEO abides by all the search engine guidelines.
Despite that, it benefits you in a long-term approach; it leaves a lasting and positive impact on your search visibility. Thus, it’s better to prefer White Hat SEO techniques as they will pay off better in the long run.